Neuro Note #5

         For my fifth neuro note I chose the resource, "Meg Young: Beyond My Personal Battle with Multiple Sclerosis." This article is written like an interview where Meg answers a few questions about her diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. Meg first explains about how she was diagnosed and what exactly multiple sclerosis (MS) is, which she does a great job of defining (Young, 2021). She also talks about how MS has impacted her life and how it has made her feel as a person (Young, 2021). 

        I chose this resource because, first and foremost, it was an article and I am able to learn more from articles than videos. Another reason I chose this resource is because one of my best friend's mom has MS and I wanted to know more about what she is going through so I could be a better support for my friend. In relation to the course content Meg mentions she has secondary progressive MS (SPMS) which we learned in class is the least common type (Young, 2021). We also learned that most peoples who have SPMS are initially diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS). 

        I would recommend this to any of my clients who have been recently diagnosed with MS as it gives a great explanation of the diagnosis. Meg also gives a few strategies and coping things she has used that could be helpful for them as well (Young, 2021). It also may be good for them to just read that another person is/has gone through what they are experiencing. 

Image Source

Young, M. (2021, March 11). Meg Young: Beyond my personal battle with multiple sclerosis. Beyond My Battle. https://www.beyondmybattle.org/blog/meg-young?gclid=CjwKCAjwu_mSBhAYEiwA5BBmf58J2T1auMX45YfqkWump16Zxbt3FtG_t9numIf7FunXWEb_12w9xRoC3qcQAvD_BwE